.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Screenwriting Workshop

Back by demand, a one day workshop in screenwriting. I teach the tricks and tools of the trade I've learned over twenty years in ONE DAY. How to start, how to structure, how to polish, how to take meetings.

There will also be a full and complete discussions of structure, character creation and dialogue. A discussion of what is needed in the screenplay narrative, and more importantly, what is not.

The breakdown of the writing process will be discussed, what makes a good scene, the notion of three act, four act and eight act scripts will be discussed, and most importantly, the tools for achieving one own's inspiration.

Pitching to executives will be discussed, tools for a good pitch, and the pitfalls to avoid.

I have given two workshops in Pasadena this summer, but will not be giving anymore until the fall. You are welcome to post or email me with any questions, or interest.

NEW YORK WORKSHOP: I was hoping to be giving a workshop in New York City as well, at the end of August, but time and crazy schedule didn't permit it. I am still very interested in doing one late fall or winter. It will be from Noon to 5pm. The cost is $110.00. If you are a New Yorker, please do let me know if you are interested.








  • For feedback on the workshop click:WORKSHOP FEEDBACK
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger Grubber said...

    If I was in LA I would be in.
    Hope it goes well Phil.
    cheers
    Dave

    Wednesday, February 22, 2006  
    Blogger ggw07 said...

    Looking forward to hearing exact details of date,time,length of workshop in NY- If it is anything like your blog, it will be marvelous- Good luck- Thanks-
    ggw07@aol.com

    Wednesday, February 22, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would be very interested in your NY workshop. Please keep me posted. Many thanks, Mark
    markdugas@hotmail.com

    Friday, February 24, 2006  
    Blogger writergurl said...

    Assuming this goes well, do you think you'll offer another seminar in LA? I ask because I will be moving there at the end of March/ mid April and have to miss this one. If you do have another session, please consider me included. Thank you.

    Monday, February 27, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home