.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Workshop Was Great

Hey, thanks to all I had a really great time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Eleanor said...

So, tell us all about it!
Those of us who don't live on your doorstep need to know everything. ;-)

I'm glad you had fun. :-)

Sunday, March 12, 2006  
Blogger freeepeace said...

Another one here looking to read all about it. Good to know you enjoyed yourself - a good sign indeed.

Sunday, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Whaledawg said...

For those curious I've included below what I sent to Phil earlier today. It really was a great workshop and I recomend anyone who gets a chance to talk to Phil, formally or informally, take it.

I not only learned a lot in general about this business I'm aspiring to but your points on structure, premise and the big idea have actually changed what I'm currently working on. I think it's going to change it from a series of funny scenes into an actual funny movie (or at least I hope). Overall I'd rate the workshop an A.

Monday, March 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There’s certainly something to be said about sitting in an intimate setting and learning about the wonderful craft of writing. I’ve done the big seminar weekend with 400+ people in attendance and now I’ve done a small workshop with only half a dozen writers. Smaller is better.

The material covered was informative and inspiring. Not only does Phil have a great grasp of story structure, which he’s able to convey in a digestible manner, but he also provides wonderful insights on character and theme.

The advice on pitching was also very helpful. After my last experience, I was dreading the idea of going out there again. Now, however, I'm actually looking forward to future meetings After all, having a career as a writer encompasses more than just the written page.

To anyone thinking about the next workshop, whether here in LA or out in New York, sign up and attend.

Monday, March 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It WAS great -- really informative, good group, good time. Hope to see you all over at mine sometime.

chris

Tuesday, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home