.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bones is Back

After a long hiatus, I have returned to the web to share my extremely personal and peculiar experiences in the Hollywood.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shawna said...

Hooray! Welcome back. :-)

Monday, July 27, 2009  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

I can't tell you how happy this makes me...

Three years is a LONG TIME, sir. In fact, I had THREE KIDS during your absence! (a daughter and then twins last January)

I've been getting my script-blog thrills over at Scott Myer's blog "Go Into the Story." You should check it out, you two have a LOT in common. You both inspire. www.gointothestory.com

Again, so glad to see you back Phil!

Thursday, September 17, 2009  
Blogger jennifer said...

Just came across your blog--I like it! I saw a comment you left on another site about writing a teleplay based on a short film. I am writing a short film based on one small but pivotal idea from another short film (it was a very well-known short--won an Academy award back in the 1980s). My story has completely different characters, setting, even theme, but uses the "twist" of the story. I'm fine with giving credit to the original film/writer, but do I also have to get permission? I realize you aren't an entertainment lawyer, but any idea about where I could look into this?

Thanks!

Thursday, March 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home