.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Workshop On!

My Screenwriting Workshop is on for this Saturday! There are still places available. Come hear solutions to problems, tools for moments of confusion, techniques for wrestling the bear (writing). I'll talk about character, structure, taking pitch meetings (the pitfalls and preparations), how to deal with notes, pressure on deadline, or your own pressure to just finish a draft! What makes a good scene, what are the different arcs needed in long form story telling, where do plot and emotion collide, and the secret to the page turner.

And ,of course, any and all questions answered.

Noon to 5pm. $85. This Saturday, July 29th.

1 Comments:

Blogger Whaledawg said...

I went to the last one at Phil's house and I thought it was great. I learned a lot about screenwriting and met some interesting people.

I highly recomend it. If you have any questions about it just email me at gcwhelan@mtu.edu and I can answer them.

--Garrett Whelan

Tuesday, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home