.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

In Production in Canada

The Hallmark movie starts principle photography. Considering that I've written some scripts at studios that five years later are still referred to as highly regarded projects, with the ever present unspoken promise of production...someday...but I'm not holding my breath any longer...it's amazing to think I wrote this one in April-May, finalized in June and they're shooting in July. A bit head spinning.

6 Comments:

Blogger wcdixon said...

Way to go - I'm peripherially connected to a Lifetime movie that just started shooting in Canada...version of script had been kicking around a while but from major rewrite to deal to production all since May...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Phil said...

wcdixon: cool - you're preipherally connected, or you did the rewrite?

Wednesday, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Cunningham said...

Phil - you doing this flick with RHI? Or is it Hallmark itself?

Thursday, July 13, 2006  
Blogger wcdixon said...

I'm partners on several other projects with the line/service producer - so provided notes for the rewrite and have watched its progress from the other desk.

Thursday, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Schmucks with Underwoods said...

Goof luck with this Phil! Keep us posted on its progress!

SWU

Saturday, July 15, 2006  
Blogger Schmucks with Underwoods said...

Uhh...I meant Good luck not Goof luck...not sure if Goof luck is such a good thing. LOL.

Saturday, July 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home