.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Rumors of my blog's death are greatly exaggerated

Hey, the very kind words and concerns were greatly appreciated during my time in my cave where I put keyboard to grindstone to polish down my recently blasted out first draft. Is it finished? Not yet, but I'm closing in and suppose I feel confident for the first time I haven't destroyed everything good in it, and have actually, finally, made it better. I have some thoughts to share on the perilous promise of the polish, and the irony in re-discovering how much work goes into the last 10%, after all the work you put into the first 90%. It's the first math to provide the calculation 100% of product requires 310% of energy. This and more in the next post.

Thanks also to Anna from Iceland, Jeff M. and the others who emailed me directly with words of kind concern and where the F are you? As well as the cadre of public posters many of whom have become the usual suspects on our mutual writing blogospheres.

The Internet is a brilliant gift to the writers of this world who want to be part of the public stage, has revived the long dead practice of correspondence, and has provided a forum of sharing ideas until now limited to the poker games, pool side chats and night clubbing of those with "access". I find it very meaningful to be part of sharing what I know, and still learning what I don't.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grubber said...

Good to see you still kicking Phil. Glad it is going well for you.
cheers
Dave.

Monday, November 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see a post from
you, I'd been checking back
for some weeks.
I love your posts on craft.
I look forward to your thoughts
on the script polish.

L.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005  
Blogger Cunningham said...

Good to see you back in the game Phil.

Now I'll see your 100 and raise it 500...

Wednesday, November 09, 2005  
Blogger writergurl said...

He's BACK!

Yipee!

Good to see ya!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005  
Blogger Phil said...

Thanks you jdc!

Sunday, November 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home