.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Workshop is a Go

Okay, let's do this. I've had some very nice feedback from a few of you that you would be interested in sitting with me and listening what I have to say about screenwriting. Believe it or not, I'm interested in what you have to say, too. So I'm thinking a few hours, at a cafe, and it's free.

We'll do it in my neck of the woods, upstairs in quiet room of a cafe I know, a week from this Saturday.

Saturday July 30th,
12-3pm
Buster's Cafe
(Okay the technical name is Buster's Coffee and Ice Cream Shop)
1006 MISSION STREET, SOUTH PASADENA, CA 91030
Phone: (626) 441-0744

You can mapquest it pretty easily.

For those of you who can make it and come out my way, I look forward to sitting down together!

ADDED NOTE: One caveat; this will be a discussion between us on theory and concepts, with lots of questions and answers. But I'm afraid I will be unable to read or promise to read any material as I just don't have the time. Thanks for understanding!

Phil.

6 Comments:

Blogger Formosus said...

It's just across the street from the Gold Line Mission Street Station (eight trains per hour on Saturdays - lots of bells and whistles). At least one writer/social scientist will be there.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Erik M. said...

I'm going to try and make it up, but my move to L.A. is the Sunday right after.

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Phil said...

This is great. Look forward to see all who can make it!

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Scott said...

That's great! I will try to make it.

-Scott

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger writergurl said...

Wow, how awesome of you to offer this time to total strangers. If I lived in LA, I'd be on it like a bee on pollen. (What? You were expecting the fly analogy?) Hopefully, you'll still be doing this when I do, finally, move there.

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Big T said...

Wow, if I was wearing pants, I would totally be peeing them!

I live right by South Pasadena, and I would love to hear secrets from a screenwriting pro.

Phil, you know I'll be there. With pants on!

Sunday, July 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home