.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Whom of my readers are local?

You know, it's not often that I get to use "whom" and that was very exciting.

I live in Pasadena, CA. I'm going to give my first free workshop in screenwriting in my home in the next week or two. Whom of you out there are nearby? Let me know and I'll see if this idea makes sense.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I'm a local but only a lurker. Good luck with the workshop.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Phil said...

Hey Jessica, thanks for letting me know!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Erik M. said...

I'm new to your site and was led over by Jessica. I plan on sticking around and hopefully learning a thing or two...I'm in the O.C. area moving up to L.A. very soon. Keep up the good work.

Erik=

Tuesday, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Kyle Creason said...

I'm local. I'd be very interested in a workshop, as I find your insights well-informed. Or if you're ever interested in mentoring...

Tuesday, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Erik M. said...

Thanks for dropping by, I'd be up for a workshop depending on time and date, etc.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005  
Blogger Kidsis said...

I'm local and interested in the workshop!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Phil said...

This is all great! Let's see who else wants to sign up and we'll move forward.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Formosus said...

Wow, another Pasadena-based blog. I'm interested, but would need a bit more information.

Thursday, July 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home