.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ScreenwriterBones

Stories from a seasoned screenwriter. Take heart! Your creative source is infinite and un-ending. Sometimes Hollywood just rips up the roadmap back to it. The bottom line is that Hollywood is not at all as bad as it sounds. Additionally, it's worse than you can imagine. Remember to pack a sense of humor.

Name:

I am a screenwriter living in Southern California. I've written screenplays for most of the Hollywood studios over the past 20 years. One of the uncredited writers of FANTASTIC FOUR, I wrote FIRE DOWN BELOW starring Steven Seagal, and the TV Movie 12:01 PM starring Martin Landau and MANEATER with Gary Busey. I have directed short films. I have written on numerous Hollywood studio assignments, some for big shot actors, some for small shot nobodies.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

So I'm in the Paper

Made the LA Times today, in a well written and comprehensive piece on the history of the FANTASTIC FOUR (see two posts down). It explains the ins and outs of the development story, the writers involved, and the long road to the screen. My mention is less than a blurb, but in good company with a great list of writers who all threw their hats in the ring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Congrats, my friend! And if I may make a comment from the production backwaters regarding a comment you made two posts ago: When you're in this business, it doesn't matter if you're working on a 9 figure movie or a four figure commercial, the most frustrating thing that can happen is when the client sez: "I don't know what I want, I only know I don't want THAT."

Yeharr

Wednesday, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Jessica said...

Great article. Thanks for the link and the story behind the story.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home